2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2017 7:50 PM by Tito Copie RSS

Forcefully Resetting/Closing a  Console connection to a Simulation Node

Tito Copie

Please is there a way to forcefully close an open console connection that is already opened to a router or a switch.

My scenerio is that since only one console connection (apart from monitor) can be made to a node at a time, and i already opened a connection down and i wont to forcefully close that connection without restarting the simulation.

How can i do that ? or is there a STD api call to do that ?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Forcefully Resetting/Closing a  Console connection to a Simulation Node
          Karlo Bobiles

Greeting Tito Copie,

This is a good question, and I'll make sure to relay this to the VIRL Team. What I've done it the past is restart just the node. If you right click on the selected node, choose "Stop this Node" and then "Start." Essentially, it's like powering down/up the device. Faster than restarting the whole simulation.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Karlo Bobiles

Cisco Learning Network

• 2. Re: Forcefully Resetting/Closing a  Console connection to a Simulation Node
            Tito Copie

Hi Karlo,

Thanks for the reply. I have a question : Sometimes, while a simulation is running, i loose connection to the Console line of a node and no matter what i do, i will have to restart the node like you said.. Do you have possible reason why this usually happens? .. ( even though no other console connection to the node was left open) . i have encountered it a lot lately.

Also since your solution  for now is to restart the node, is there a way to copy the running config so that you can paste it back to the router once it boots again (Note that since you have lost connection to the console and monitor line, you have no access to the node so i cant run any commands) .

Thanks