Skip navigation
Cisco Learning Home > Certifications > Voice (CCNP Voice) > Discussions

_Communities

This Question is Not Answered 1 Correct Answer available (4 pts) 2 Helpful Answers available (2 pts)
6044 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2011 1:50 PM by Priego RSS

Currently Being Moderated

Intermittently fax received blank pages

Apr 1, 2010 9:54 PM

Lawrence 114 posts since
May 19, 2009

Hi,

My customer environment is on CCM 7.x with Cisco 2821 as voice gateway and VG224 as fax gateway. There are couple of fax users are receiving blank pages and happened to random customers too.

I have tested with random fax brand like Panasonic, Canon and Brothers, and also unable to negotiate in high speed and seem stable at 4800bps. The incoming line is fiber then converted to coax. How do I troubleshoot such FoIP environment ? Please advise.

The VG224-24FXS is running on IOS 12.4(9)T7. I am attaching the vg224 configuration.

Best regards,

Lawrence Chew

Attachments:
  • rkandah 25 posts since
    Apr 21, 2008
    1. Apr 1, 2010 11:28 PM (in response to Lawrence)
    Re: Intermittently fax received blank pages

Hi Lawrence,

I assume the call is being received by the Cisco 2821 sent to CCM and then redirected by CCM to the VG224? Would be good to show topolgy and call flow path.

Without more info is tough to say what's going on but I *suspect* what is happening is the CCM is attempting to send the call as a FAX relay to the VG224 and the VG224 is currenlty configured for Fax pass through. Try and use FAX relay on the VG224. If you're using recent IOS I believe you can use FAX relay with MGCP or SCCP.

To answer your troubleshooting question, ideally you would need to take an SDI trace on CCM and look at some MGCP debugs when you place a call. This way you find pointers as to what the issue is.

Regards,

Rami Kandah

Cisco

• rkandah 25 posts since
    Apr 21, 2008
    4. Apr 10, 2010 11:05 AM (in response to Lawrence)

Hi Lawrence,

My recommendation is you contact TAC for these type of issues.

You can change the VG224 setup from fax passthrough to fax relay in Cisco Unified Communications Manager. I'm attaching a screen shot taken from CUCM 8.0. CUCM 7.x should be very smilar.

For detailed troubleshooting and debugging please contant TAC. This way your service request will be tracked and resolved in a timely manner.

Regards,
    Rami

Attachments:
  • Priego 1 posts since
    Mar 16, 2010
    5. Jul 11, 2011 1:50 PM (in response to Lawrence)

hello Lawrence, were you able to find a resolution to this ?

I'm having the same issue with a vg224

thanks

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)