1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 11, 2017 11:10 AM by Rigo - Community Moderator RSS

CCNP R&S ---> CCNP SP

zohaib52

Hi All,

My CCNP R&S certification is going to expire on Dec 2017. So i wanted to go with CCNP SP exams now. The Prerequisites for CCNP SP are as follows:

• - Valid CCNA Service Provider, or
      • - Valid CCIP, or
      • - Any CCIE certification

I dont have any of above mentioned Prerequisites but when i logged into Cisco Certification progress, I would see that i am enrolled for CCNP SP. Now my questions are

1, Am I eligible for CCNP SP exam

2, If not can i still appear for CCNP SP exam without going for CCNA Service Provider and will it renew my existing CCNP R&S certification.

3, Since I have already CCNP R&S certified (642-xxx), how many exams do I need to give for CCNP SP in order to get certification.

Please guide me. Waiting for your response.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mohammad Zohaib Khan

• 1. Re: CCNP R&S ---> CCNP SP
          Rigo - Community Moderator

Hi ,

Yes, to satisfy the recertification requirement for your CCNP R&S certification, you can take and pass any one professional level exam on or before your certification expiration date.

Candidates are not required to take the Associate and Professional exams in any particular order, so you can take any exam from the CCNP Service Provider track without a valid pre-requisite. So yes, you are eligible to take exams from the CCNP Service Provider track. However, if you're looking to become certified in CCNP Service Provider, then you will need a valid pre-requisite as part of the necessary requirements shown here: Service Provider (CCNP SP)

To become certified in CCNP Service Provider, you will need a valid pre-requisite AND you will also need to pass the four required exams: 642-883 SPROUTE, 642-885 SPADVROUTE, 642-887 SPCORE, and 642-889 SPEDGE

Since each professional level exam is valid for 3 years, you would have 3 years to complete the requirements, starting from the date of your first passed exam for this certification.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Regards,

Rigo

Cisco Learning Network Moderator