5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2017 3:42 AM by Darren RSS

Help needed

Darren

Hi good people of the Cisco network.

I'm after some ideas on how best way forward to configure the attached diagram. We have several customer tenancies which need to be kept separate. Currently we have a massively over elaborate BGP setup on some really old 7600's. We also use some pseudo wires as well as IP connectivity.

I was thinking OSPF equal cost sharing and possible getting some pseudo wires configured to run over that.

Anyone any ideas.

See very basic diagram attached.

Thanks

D

• 1. Re: Help needed
          Gus

Darren,

You could look at the following videos related to OSPF and troubleshooting that could provide you with ideas for your network:

OSPF: Lesson 1: Intro ‐ Session and Topology Overview

CCNA R&S Troubleshooting Videos

Regards,

Gus

• 2. Re: Help needed
            Shadowjk - CCNP(R&S), CCNA(Security; SP)

Darren wrote:

Hi good people of the Cisco network.

I'm after some ideas on how best way forward to configure the attached diagram. We have several customer tenancies which need to be kept separate. Currently we have a massively over elaborate BGP setup on some really old 7600's. We also use some pseudo wires as well as IP connectivity.

I was thinking OSPF equal cost sharing and possible getting some pseudo wires configured to run over that.

Anyone any ideas.

See very basic diagram attached.

Thanks

D

How is isolation maintained currently? VRFs? MPLS? VLAN/VXLAN?

Equally, is the requirement for Layer 2 overlay or layer 3 routing acceptable?

Are the PWs via MPLS (AToM) or via IP (L2TP)?

Are tenants located on both DR and Production sides of the network?

More clarity is needed to understand the intention so an appropriate design could be made.

Josh

• 3. Re: Help needed
              Darren

HI all,

Thanks for the replies.

Currently the PW runs over a private MPLS network. Currently they are separated by VRFs and VLANS.

I personally can't see any reason with our setup to have L2 overlay but this may be something for future use with these circuits.

The tenants are located both at Prod and DR.

Cheers

• 4. Re: Help needed
                Shadowjk - CCNP(R&S), CCNA(Security; SP)

Ah I see.

How many tenants are we talking roughly? 10s? 100s? 1000s?

This would greatly impact on what technology would best fit the requirement.

In terms of the leased line circuits in place, are VRFs run across this? Is this where BGP fits into the topology?

Scalability is the next concern that needs to be determined, what sort of growth rate on tenants are there roughly? If you're popping up and tearing down tenants every hour then something more scalable and more predictable in configuration might be needed.

Josh

• 5. Re: Help needed
                  Darren

Hi Josh,

We aren't talking loads. We have three tenancy currently and will probably have a couple more in the future. I can't see it being much more than 10 and that would be very far away.

Yes vrfs run across there at the moment and thats where BGP is used. I'm looking to simplify this configuration. This is going to be a new install on new hardware and the tenants will be moved over one by one so it hasn't got to be like for like as long as they have the same level of redundancy.

I would think the tenants we have are going to be there for the long haul and I don't envisage much movement in the way of adding and dropping tenants on a regular basis if Im honest.

Thanks Josh

Darren