1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2019 12:50 AM by Ing_Percy RSS

CCNP -- How long to take all three exams

Chris Gibbons

I'm looking for some information and can't seem to find it. My supervisor when he got his CCNP a few years ago was saying that he had a certain timeframe to complete all 4 exams. I haven't seen what the time frame is to complete the CCNP track. I may have just missed where the information is at. Does someone know this timeframe to complete with the new exams

• 1. Re: CCNP -- How long to take all three exams
          Rofi Neron

CCNP have a 3 year window from the day you pass the 1st exam to the day you pass the last one

now pay attention to the changes in CCNP track as there are going to be 3 exams only

you can start before the expiration with either old or new exams and combine as you like (see the options in the link)

good luck

http://ITDualism.wordpress.com

• 2. Re: CCNP -- How long to take all three exams
            Jimmy Sands

I believe once you pass a CCNP test, you have 3 years from the exam date to pass all other CCNP test under the version your taking.

• 3. Re: CCNP -- How long to take all three exams
              Chris Gibbons

So let me see if I understand this correctly... I take say SWITCH first, which would renew my CCNA, but would not get my CCNP. I would then have a year to complete ROUTE, which would renew my CCNA again, but not get my CCNP. Then another year to complete TSHOOT to complete the certification track..so in essence three years allowed to complete the certification track

• 4. Re: CCNP -- How long to take all three exams
                Rofi Neron

no.

if you take SWITCH first you recertify CCNA for 3 years

you also get from the date you passed the SWITCH exam 3 years to complete ROUTE+TSHOOT

you can do both in a month, each in different year, it does not matter which order and dates as long as you complete the 3rd exam before the 3yr window expire

and obviously, your CCNA will get recertified for 3 years on each exam you pass

• 5. Re: CCNP -- How long to take all three exams
                  VivianFlorencia

So does this mean that the clock on one's CCNP starts to tick as of the successful taking of the last exam in the four or three serieses? Also, I have passed recently the BSCI and the BCMSN. Does this mean my old CCNA is recertified as well? Please clearify and thanks for the info.

VivianFlorencia.

• 6. Re: CCNP -- How long to take all three exams
                    Rofi Neron

your CCNA is valid for extra 3 years from the date of the last exam (doesn't matter if it was BSCI or BCMSN)

now this is a game changer - if you passed both BCSI & BCMSN you have 2 options:

take ISCW+ONT before July 31st

or

take TSHOOT anytime

BUT keep in mind that the clock is ticking - you must complete the CCNP track before 3 years pass from day 1 (which ever you did first - BSCI or BCMSN)

• 7. certificate issue
                      Yinka

pls  i just finished my CCNP composite exam and i will like to know if certificate will be issue to that effects, also if certificate will be issue for any exam you pass?

• 8. Re: certificate issue
                        Deepak

NO, you'll get certificate only if you pass all exams required to complete any certification, in this case you attempted for composite, and you need pass ISCW+ONT  OR TSHOOT to complete exam requirment for CCNP, then only Cisco will issue certificate for CCNP.

And Cisco is not issuing you a CCNA certificate as you renewed it coz you already have it

HTH

Deepak

• 9. Re: CCNP -- How long to take all three exams
                          Mohamed Aymen SAHLI

Hello all,

I've a question regarding the validity duration of CCNP exams and its effect on acquired CCNA expiry date.

My understanding is that when passing a single CCNP level exam (be it ROUTE, SWITCH or TSHOOT), the CCNA expiration date is pushed 3 years.

in fact that is what I see at cisco.pearsoncred.com, CCENT and CCNA validity period  have been extended for 3 years starting the date i passed the 642-813  Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH) exam. 

First question: despite the fact my CCNA reflects the 3 years extension on cisco.pearsoncred.com, it is not reflected  at ciscocertificates.com (site where we order, download certs). CCNA preseve its original expiration dates counting from the original date I passed ICND2. is this normal ?

Second question: having passed the 642-813 Switch exam format, does the same rule of three years to pass all three CCNP exams applies ? that is, to count the exam taken towards the new CCNP format  ( ROUTE and TSHOOT exams 300-101 and 300-135)?

Much appreciate your feedback.

• 10. Re: CCNP -- How long to take all three exams
                            Rigo - Community Moderator

Hi Mohamed,

After successful recertification, the "Expiration" date of the CCENT and CCNA R&S Certifications should update automatically in the Certification Tracking System under Certification Progress as well as the Certification Fulfillment tool. However, it could take a few days (approx 2-3 business days) for the certificate fulfillment purchase system to update with the most current details. Once the system has been fully updated, candidates will see the updated expiration dates in the fulfillment tool.

If the expiration dates have not updated in the Certification Fulfillment tool, please feel free to open a case with the Certification & Communities Online Support team so that they can take a look at your current certification/exam records and assist further.

In regards to the CCNP R&S Certification, candidates will have exactly 3 years to complete all of the requirements, starting from the date of the first passed CCNP R&S exam. This is due to the fact that each Professional level exam is valid for exactly 3 years from the pass date. For example, if you passed your first CCNP R&S exam, 642-813 SWITCH on June 15, 2014, you will have until June 15, 2017 to complete the remaining two exams, 300-101 ROUTE and 300-135 TSHOOT. As you may already know, a valid pre-requisite (CCNA R&S Certification) is also required to become certified.

For complete requirement information, visit Routing & Switching (CCNP)

Regards,

Rigo

Cisco Learning Network Moderator

• 11. Re: CCNP -- How long to take all three exams
                              Mohamed Aymen SAHLI

Hi Rigo,

Exactly what I've been looking for.

Thanks.

• 12. Re: CCNP -- How long to take all three exams
                                Conrad_P

Hi Rigo,

Does it apply to all CCNP level paths? I am interested here in CCNP security. I have already passed 3 exams but the very first one I've taken back in March 2014. I am not sure if I will be certified if I will take 4rd one(last) after the period of 3 years since the first exam.

BR

Conrad

• 13. Re: CCNP -- How long to take all three exams
                                  Rigo - Community Moderator

Hi Conrad,

Yes, each individual exam from every professional level certification has a validity of exactly 3 years. So just like the CCNP R&S certification, candidates have 3 years to complete all of the CCNP Security requirements starting from the date of the first passed exam.

If you passed your first CCNP Security exam in March 2014, then it expired in March 2017 (3 years). You would need to retake and pass the current version of the exam. Since your first exam has expired, you will now have 3 years from the pass date of your second exam to complete the remaining requirements. To become officially certified in CCNP Security, you would also need a valid pre-requisite (CCNA Security).

For current requirement information, visit Security (CCNP Security)

However, if you need more assistance based on your current exam records, please feel free to open a case with Certification & Communities Online Support

Good luck to you!

Regards,

Rigo

Cisco Learning Network Moderator

• 14. Re: CCNP -- How long to take all three exams
                                    Vrushali

Hi Rigo,

Does that mean, you have 3 years to complete the entire CCNP Track(CCNP SWITCH,ROUTE and TSHOOT) from the day you passed any of them?
                                    For Eg: You passed CCNP ROUTE in Feb 2016, you will need to complete CCNP SWITCH and TSHOOT on or before Feb 2019?
                                    Also if you give CCNP SWITCH in Feb 2018, then there is no point of giving TSHOOT after Feb 2019? Even if you give, it will just recertify CCNA Routing and Switching?

Thanks

1 2 Previous Next