10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 5, 2019 4:43 AM by Dmytro RSS

300-115 exam simulator exam issue

Ola, CCNP R&S, CCDP, CCNP Security

I was disappointed failed 300-115 exam to recertify all my professional certificates. The simulation exam was completely false in the sense that instruction specifically said do not delete or add native vlan. I configured port-channel and type no shut bringing interface up then its start complaining native vlan mismatch, the native vlan was preconfigured and nothing in the exam instruction mentioning configuration of matching native vlan on other switch. Is there way to challenge exam results? I'm pretty confident I passed 300-115 and $250 exam fee is a lot of money. By the way, exam score was 780, 10 points shy of 790 passing grade.

• 1. Re: 300-115 exam simulator exam issue
          Steven Davidson

Ola, CCNP R&S, CCDP, CCNP Security wrote:

I was disappointed failed 300-115 exam to recertify all my professional certificates. The simulation exam was completely false in the sense that instruction specifically said do not delete or add native vlan. I configured port-channel and type no shut bringing interface up then its start complaining native vlan mismatch, the native vlan was preconfigured and nothing in the exam instruction mentioning configuration of matching native vlan on other switch. Is there way to challenge exam results? I'm pretty confident I passed 300-115 and $250 exam fee is a lot of money. By the way, exam score was 780, 10 points shy of 790 passing grade.

Sorry to hear about your issue with the exam.  I guess you could call and try to appeal and see how that goes (I've never personally heard of an instance where that broke in favor of the tester but I imagine it happens from time to time).  My advice to anybody who needs to pass an NP-level exam to re-certify and are considering 300-115 is to stop, reconsider, and then schedule the TSHOOT exam.  Do not put yourself through the potential heartache of facing a sim problem on 300-115.  Unless you've been under a rock for the last decade, you should be able to do TSHOOT in your sleep given the list of certs you already have.  Even if you've been under a rock you'd probably still be able to squeak by on TSHOOT with a few weeks of prep.

• 2. Re: 300-115 exam simulator exam issue
            Rigo - Community Moderator

Hi Ola,

I second Steven's idea to report your exam issues. If you experienced any problems with exam questions or simulations, I would recommend that you to open a case with Certification & Communities Online Support. This is the official channel to report exam related issues and your feedback/comments will be help the support team investigate further.

To open a case, visit Certification & Communities Online Support

Regards,

Rigo

Cisco Learning Network Moderator

• 3. Re: 300-115 exam simulator exam issue
              Santucci

This exam is a scam, i too needed to recertify my CCNP's and failed this exam twice. I had everything working and I know I passed this exam. I too was 10 points shy of passing this exam. I opened up a case with cisco and they said that there was nothing wrong with my exam and it worked as intended. I highly doubt this and don't believe them whatsoever! I am really --ticked-- off and spent $500 to take this thing twice. Like i said, i'm am extremely confident in all of my answers and sim configurations, i do these things everyday!

• 4. Re: 300-115 exam simulator exam issue
                Richard

I took the exam on the 13th and failed knowing I would but wanting to get a better feel for the exam. For the next week I did nothing but read, study, and get ready for a retest. I took it again last Thursday and felt great. I was confident that I nailed 38 out of 40 question. On the sims I got 90 percent of one and for the other I couldn't remember a certain command and figured that since I knew I nailed the other 38 I would be all set. Surprised that I got 760 instead of the 790 needed to pass. I think they weigh the Sims too much. I opened a case asking how I could be failed for getting 38 out of 40. They replied saying that the exam scoring is never wrong and that's their answer. I then requested escalation and for someone to actually look at my exam and to be able to contact me and talk intelligently. We'll see what they say, but after having my CCNP for over 10 years I'm questioning Cisco's certification.

• 5. Re: 300-115 exam simulator exam issue
                  Richard

Oh and forgot to add that I needed that exam to recertify my CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, & CCDP. As of now, unless they change that exam I will have to go through all the tracks all over again...... Shame on me for waiting till the last minute but it's been a **** year, but I busted my **** on preparing for these exams....

Sorry if it sound like whining but I am so bitter about this right now.....

• 6. Re: 300-115 exam simulator exam issue
                    Santucci

Rich,

I feel you're pain and your anger. I too lost my 2 ccnp's because of this piece of garbage exam. I know i nailed all the questions and the sim, maybe i missed one command but all of my verification testing was spot on. I now have my ccna that is about to expire and i don't care, as of right now, i'm done taking these expensive exams that are rigged so that you have to pay multiple times.

Thanks,

Brian

• 7. Re: 300-115 exam simulator exam issue
                      Richard

Unbelievable, I retook the Switch exam this morning and this time got the same exam, and the same two simulations. This time I got a 780 out of the 790 needed to pass. I am beside myself. These sims have got to be weighted extremely incorrectly. Knowing what I missed on the last one I studied the exact topic and don't know how I didn't pass. I am still pursuing with the certification folks and have escalated, but I don't have a good feeling. All my certs gone after 16 years. This isn't sour grapes as I've been doing this for a long time. I just feel Cisco needs to look at their exams and their policies. I really don't know if I'm going to bother with Cisco anymore. Sorry for the rant.....

• 8. Re: 300-115 exam simulator exam issue
                        Santucci

Richard,

I believe that you got the same score I did on the exam and I know all my sims were correct, i even verified this with all the show commands. There is something wrong and I don't know what it is. I too lost 2 CCNP's because of this stupid exam and now i'm going to let my CCNA lapse. Screw paying all this money and can't get an explanation on what was answered incorrectly. How else do we know what to focus our studies on. I have also been doing this for some time and this is all ****!

• 9. Re: 300-115 exam simulator exam issue
                          m4r1ner1

I also failed this exam twice. On the ether channel simulator question i eventually got everything working but i still failed.

First time i scored 710/790  second time 757/790  this exam is a scam. There is no way i failed it twice.

I lost all my qualifications after 15 years

• 10. Re: 300-115 exam simulator exam issue
                            Dmytro

Hi, Olya!

The first rule in passing the exam is mindfulness. Carefully and deeply studied issue leads to the expected result. I also faild my TSHOOT for fist time.

But as it turned out, I was not very attentive and succumbed to the cunning tricks of the exam.

You also can challenge the exam through a certification authority where you passed the exam directly.

For the future, the best option is a comment. If something went wrong leave a comment.

Usually deep understanding of the subject matter affects the choice answer.