What is new In the Cisco Expert-Level Training for the CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 update?
Cisco Expert-Level Training for CCIE® Routing and Switching is a complete, 360-degree, blended learning program to accelerate competency and build the skills that are necessary for expert-level certification at Cisco. It is the only Cisco-authorized learning program that offers official content that has been updated for the CCIE Routing and Switching lab exam topics.
The version 5.0 updates include these enhancements:
- Fully virtual, Cisco IOS on Linux (IOL) based delivery of configuration and troubleshooting labs: Now all labs in the CCIE Routing and Switching program-performance assessments, workbook labs, and VoD technology practice labs-are virtual and can be scheduled and accessed directly from within the Cisco Expert-Level Training portal.
- Cisco IOS Software Release 15 M and T support: Similar to the v5.0 exam environment, the training includes support for Cisco IOS Software Release 15 M and T.
- Virtual rack rental: Workbook and technology practice labs available in the lessons on demand now include virtual rack rental of the Cisco Expert-Level Training IOL platform. Students no longer need to purchase the lab equipment and put it together or rent the racks separately. Initial purchases of content will come with enough rack rental hours to perform the labs at least once. Additional rack rental time is available for purchase through Cisco learning partners or through the Cisco Learning Network Store.
- Four new lessons on demand to support the v5.0 exam topics update: Each lesson will come with a technology practice lab and virtual rack rental of the Cisco Expert-Level Training IOL platform.
- Updated content for v5.0 exam topics: All components of the Cisco Expert-Level Training are aligned to the v5.0 exam topics. Please refer to the dates below for content availability.
Cisco Expert-Level Training for CCIE Routing and Switching continues to offer unique tools that help students prepare and assess their readiness for the CCIE lab exam. Performance assessment labs include a grading report, a detailed answer key, and an interactive mentor guide that compares students’ configurations with master configurations. All 11 performance assessment labs are now full-scale and include troubleshooting and configuration portions.
Workbook labs come with new self-verification tips and are designed to help students with self-assessment of exam readiness.
When will the updated materials be available?
The majority of Cisco Expert-Level Training for CCIE Routing and Switching content will be available in January 2014 to give students ample time to prepare for the CCIE Routing and Switching lab exam v5.0. Components scheduled for January 2014 release are as follows:
- Workbook with 10 full-scale (troubleshooting and configuration) labs, answer keys, and new self-verification tips. 100 hours of virtual rack rental is included.
- Advanced Workshop 1 (CIERS1) content and labs updated to v5.0 exam topics.
- Advanced Workshop 2 (CIERS2) content and labs updated to v5.0 exam topics. All CIERS2 labs are now full-scale (troubleshooting and configuration).
- Four new lessons on demand. Topics include VPN, Security, Infrastructure and Network Services. Each lesson comes with a technology practice lab and 10 hours of virtual rack rental.
- 11 full-scale performance assessment labs. Each lab comes with a grading report, a detailed answer key, and an interactive mentor guide.
The remaining components of the Cisco Expert-Level Training for CCIE Routing and Switching-a reference library, an additional 10 workbook labs, and updates to existing lessons on demand-will be available on March 31, 2014.
How can I purchase the program components?
A full selection of Cisco Expert-Level Training for CCIE Routing and Switching v4.0 and v5.0 products is offered through Cisco Authorized Learning Partners worldwide. Please note that Cisco Learning Credits can be accepted only by Cisco Authorized Learning Partners. Contact an Authorized Learning Partner in your region.
If you're interested in registering for a class, please search for Cisco Expert-Level Training on the Cisco Learning Locator or contact each learning partner individually.
A few select products for the Cisco Expert-Level Training for CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 will be available on the Cisco Learning Network Store starting January 2014.
What is the subscription transition policy for version 4.0 to version 5.0?
Cisco Expert-Level Training continues to offer high-quality learning products for an 18-month subscription. When v5.0 is released, all active students with v4.0 products will retain content rights and will gain equivalent v5.0 content with an additional 6 months added to their subscription balance. Active students with prior purchases of v4.0 products can enjoy the benefits of new v5.0 content, new features such as the IOL platform and virtual rack rental, and free attempts at new v5.0 performance assessment labs. Please note that v4.0 content will be retired on June 4, 2014.