Cisco Announces New Service Provider Operations Track
Built on the growing demand for dedicated professionals who can manage, maintain and troubleshoot complex service provider IP NGN core network infrastructures, Cisco is introducing a new Service Provider (SP) Operations track.
This new track is focused on developing Associate, Professional and Expert-level capabilities to operate large, complex SP networks. These new, first of their kind certifications are designed specifically for Cisco Service Provider Customers, Partners and Cisco Networking Engineers.
Choose a Certification:
"Availability of CCIE Service Provider Operations ...enables the growth of service revenue for the service provider.”
View the press Announcement from April 26, 2010 for more information.
CCNA SP Operations Certification
The CCNA SP Operations certifications validates basic knowledge and skills (of a Tier I support engineer) in a prescriptive troubleshooting environment within carrier class IP NGN core network infrastructure. CCNA SP Operations curriculum includes incident (event), fault, configuration, change, and performance management procedures, along with NMS tools and protocols.
CCNA SP Operations Certification benefits:
- Provides students with a foundation of network operations skills for SP NGN environments
- Provides training and certifications around Network Operations job role
- Provides entry level training and certification to entry level network operations (i.e. NOC) personnel
Availability: CCNA SP Operations Certification is now available.
CCNP SP Operations Certification
The CCNP SP Operations certifications validates knowledge and skills required (of a Tier II or Tier III support engineer) to troubleshoot and maintain service provider IP NGN core (PE-PE and PE-CE) network infrastructures. With a CCNP SP Operations certification, a network professional demonstrates the knowledge and skills required to isolate network performance problems, implement proactive fault measures using operations management processes, frameworks, and network management systems. The CCNP SP Operations curriculum includes maintaining carrier class routing protocol environments, MPLS VPN and TE deployments, and QoS mechanisms using Cisco IOS and IOS XR.
CCNP SP Operations Certification benefits:
- Certification helps qualify personnel for customers Operations Centers
- Certification classes provide a developmental path for personnel in Operations
- Provides advanced level training and certification to network operations (i.e. NOC) personnel
For specific information on the courses and exams of the this new track please review the CCNP SP Operations Course and Exams Overview(s),
Availability: CCNP SP Operations Certification is now available.
CCIE SP Operations Certification
The Cisco CCIE SP Operations certification assesses and validates core IP NGN service provider operations expertise. Candidates who pass the CCIE SP Operations certification exams demonstrate skills required of a expert-level (Tier III or Tier IV support) operations engineer to troubleshoot and maintain complex service provider IP NGN core (PE-PE and PE-CE) network infrastructures in both IOS and IOS XR operating environments, plus validate broad theoretical knowledge of operations management processes, frameworks, and network management systems.
CCIE SP Operations Certification benefits:
- Certification helps qualify personnel for customer’s Operations (NOC) Centers
- Provides a credential (certification) that a person holds significant knowledge in SP Operations
- Provides expert level certification to network operations (i.e. NOC) personnel to validate they are qualified to support various Build-Operate Transfer operation models
Your feedback is important; please comment and/or rate this document.