In order to maintain the relevance and quality of our training and certifications, Cisco regularly asks Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to participate in job task analysis, domain identification and product development. SMEs are crucial to the process and help ensure Cisco Career Certifications remain among the most highly regarded in the industry.
If you are interested in participating as a SME in a Cisco Certification Design Workshop, please review this event description and send the information requested with a recent resume to SMErecruitment@cisco.com. We will be reviewing resumes as soon as they come in and expect to confirm our selections by November 30, 2009.
Networking Engineer Job Task Analysis Workshop
Date: December 14-16, 2009 conducted via WebEx conference call
SEEKING: Network engineers with experience supervising the work of associate network engineers who implement and verify multi-site, multi-protocol, multi-service (data, voice, video, wireless) networks. Job role can be field or managerial.
SMEs will be asked to:
* Complete a comprehensive pre-analysis survey ranking potential job tasks.
* Attend and participate in a job task analysis workshop conducted over a three-day period via WebEx conference. Although the workshop will be virtual, the analysis will be detailed and require the full attention of participants for up to six hours in a single day, though all three days are not expected to last that long. Collaborate with SME peers and Cisco staff in writing and reviewing documentation pertaining to the job skills of associate level network engineers at the CCNA level (Cisco Certified Network Associate). Participants should have strong communication skills and be able to articulate their thoughts verbally and in writing.
SMEs will receive (pending full level of participation):
* All information and materials required to complete the given tasks.
* Recognition as a valued member of our Design Advisory Team on the Cisco Learning Network website. With your approval, Cisco will feature your picture and bio in an area devoted to acknowledging the contribution of subject matter experts to our certification products.
* A voucher (coupon) to take one Cisco Career Certification exam at any Pearson VUE testing facility, free of charge. (Offer excludes CCIE lab exams.)
* Priority placement for yourself or a designee in a beta delivery of one CCNA level training course, free of charge.
* A certificate of participation.
- Two years networking experience and certified at least at the CCNA level.
- Strong communication and English language skills.
- Commitment to participate fully for three 6-hour days.
- Non-disclosure agreement (NDA) signed prior to participation.
- Submit an updated resume (.doc, .docx or .pdf) that highlights your experience:
o Supervising or specifying tasks for associate-level networking staff
o Configuring a wide range of protocols (such as EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, IPv4, IPv6)
o Following and documenting structured processes and procedures
o Identifying and addressing network performance issues
o Configuring networks in multiple worldwide regions
o Include your current position, geographic location and certifications held.
o NOTE: SMEs outside the U.S. are encouraged to apply