Intro to FCoE (Fibre Channel over Ethernet)
|DESCRIPTION:|| A consolidation of content that provides an Introduction to FCoE. |
Summary of Topics covered:
FCoE is the encapsulation of native Fibre Channel into an Ethernet frame.
Need for FCoE is due to evolving business requirements.
FCoE is being developed by INCITS T11.
FCoE must utilize jumbo frames (or the 2.5K baby jumbo).
Fibre Channel forwarder forwards frames based on a Layer 3 lookup.
FCoE may be added to an Ethernet switch or to a Fibre Channel switch.
Encapsulation of Fibre Channel frames occurs through the mapping of Fibre Channel onto Ethernet.
The following content may be useful reference in the following associated certifications/specializations:
Data Center Application Services
- Data Center Application Services Support Specialist
- Data Center Application Services Design Specialist
Data Center Switching Network Infrastructure
- Cisco Data Center Networking Infrastructure Design Specialist
- Cisco Data Center Networking Infrastructure Support Specialist
- Cisco Data Center Networking Sales Specialist
Data Center Storage Networking
- Cisco Data Center Storage Networking Design Specialist
- Cisco Data Center Storage Networking Support Specialist
- Cisco Data Center Storage Networking Sales Specialist
We hope you find this content useful. Please rate this document.