PLEASE READ THIS ACCEPTABLE USE AGREEMENT (the “Agreement”) CAREFULLY. CHECKING “I AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS” AT THE END OF THIS AGREEMENT CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT. BY CHECKING “I AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS”, YOU ARE BINDING YOURSELF (“YOU” OR “USER”) TO THIS AGREEMENT WITH CISCO SYSTEMS, INC (“WE” or “CISCO”). IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT ALL OR ANY PART OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT CHECK THE BOX.
To view the Posting Guidelines Quick Reference: Click here
1. Background. The Cisco Learning Network Website (the “Site”) is a web site developed by or for Cisco Systems, Inc (“Cisco”). The Site enables social networking opportunities (the “Services”) among Users. The Services enable Users to create personal profiles (each, a “Profile”) that can be searched and viewed by other Users. The Services also support discussion forums, chat, electronic messaging, survey tools, blogs, wikis or other collaborative tools that Cisco elects to make available in its discretion. Cisco may modify, enhance, restrict or terminate the Services in its discretion at any time and without notice.
2. Rules and Regulations. This Agreement sets forth the legally binding terms for the Site and the Services. This Agreement covers all of your visits to the Site and any use of the Services. If you stop visiting the Site or stop using the Services, this Agreement remains in effect.
a. Amendments/Other Terms. Cisco may elect to change or supplement the terms of this Agreement from time to time at its sole discretion. Cisco will exercise commercially reasonable efforts to provide notice to you of any material changes to the Agreement. Within three (3) business days of posting changes to the Agreement, they will be binding upon you. If you do not agree with the changes, you should discontinue using the Site or any Services. If you continue using the Site or Services after such three-business-day period, you will have accepted the changes to the terms of this Agreement. In order to participate in certain Services, you may be notified that you are required to download software and/or agree to additional terms and conditions. Unless expressly set forth in such additional terms and conditions, those additional terms are hereby incorporated into this Agreement.
b. Posting Content. Much of the information on the Site is posted by Users. Please choose carefully the information you post, either in a Profile or elsewhere on the Site. You are solely responsible for what you post. The following is a partial list of what you are prohibited from posting:
- Anything unlawful, libelous, threatening, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable in Cisco’s sole discretion;
- Content or images containing nudity, or materials that may be considered obscene, lewd, excessively violent, harassing, explicit or otherwise objectionable;
- Information prohibited from disclosure under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Content that infringes the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of anyone;
- Any information or data that misrepresents the identity, characteristics or qualifications of you or any other person, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym, or misrepresenting current or previous positions, qualifications or affiliations with a person or entity, past or present;
- Any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “spam,” ”chain letters,” “pyramid schemes” or any similar form of solicitation. This prohibition includes but is not limited to a) using invitations to send messages to people who don’t know you or who are unlikely to recognize you as a known contact; b) using the Services to connect to people who don’t know you and then sending unsolicited promotional messages to those direct connections without their permission; and c) sending messages to distribution lists, newsgroup aliases, or group aliases for purposes of spamming;
- Any virus, malware or other harmful code;
- Anything that disrupts or interferes with the Services;
Any other content that, in Cisco’s sole discretion, undermines the purpose of the Site or otherwise reflects unfavorably upon Cisco, its partners, affiliates or customers.
Be advised that other Users may violate one or more of the above prohibitions, but Cisco assumes no responsibility or liability. If you become aware of misuse of the Site or Services by any person, please create a case with Certification Support at www.cisco.com/go/certsupport. Cisco may investigate any complaints and violations that come to our attention and may take any action that we believe is appropriate, including, but not limited to issuing warnings, removing the content or terminating accounts and/or Profiles. However, because situations and interpretations vary, we also reserve the right not to take any action. Under no circumstances will Cisco be liable in any way for any data or other content on the Site, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any such data or content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to any data or content on the Site. If at any time you are not happy with the Site or the Services or object to any material on the Site, your sole remedy is to cease using the Site or the Services.c. Monitoring. Nothing in this Agreement shall require Cisco to monitor or edit the Site for objectionable or infringing materials. If at any time Cisco chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor or edit the Site, Cisco nonetheless assumes no responsibility for anything submitted by Users, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate materials or information and no responsibility for the conduct of any User. Cisco does not endorse and has no control over what Users post or submit to the Site. Cisco reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any Profile, posting or other data, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate any User’s access to all or any part of the Site or Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability. You agree that Cisco has no liability whatsoever if it Cisco refuses to post your submissions or edits, restricts or removes your submissions.
d. Laws and Reporting. You may not use the Site or Services in any manner inconsistent with applicable law or for any illegal purpose, including but not limited to conspiring to violate laws or regulations. Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you also agree to comply with applicable local rules or codes of conduct (including codes imposed by your employer) regarding online behavior and acceptable content. Additionally, you agree to comply with applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside. Cisco reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate action against anyone who, in Cisco’s sole discretion, is suspected of violating this provision, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. Use of the Services is void where prohibited.
3. Eligibility. The Site and the Services are not available to individuals under the age of 13 or to any users suspended or removed from the system by Cisco for any reason. Further, Cisco reserves the right to terminate access to the Site and the Services if applicable laws protecting minors would require Cisco to either limit or bar such access.Your profile may be deleted and your access may be terminated without warning if we believe that you are underage.
4. Password. When you register, you will also be asked to choose a user name password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the username or password of another User at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify Cisco immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your login information (username and/or password).
5. Transfers/Competitive Use. You may not trade, sell or otherwise transfer your account to any other person without Cisco’s written consent. You may not use the Site or the Services to advertise, promote, endorse or market, directly or indirectly, any products, services, solutions or other technologies that, in Cisco’s sole and absolute discretion, compete with the products, services, solutions or technologies of Cisco.
6. Ownership /Licenses
a. Cisco does not claim any ownership rights in any text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, works of authorship or other materials that Users upload to the Site or transmit via the Services ("User Content" or your “Content”). However, by uploading Content to the Site, transmitting Content using the Services or otherwise providing Content to Cisco, you grant to Cisco a world-wide, royalty-free, sublicensable (so Cisco affiliates or contractors can deliver the Services) perpetual, irrevocable license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and distribute the Content in the course of offering the Site and/or the Services. Cisco will treat any User Content as non-confidential and public. Please do not submit confidential or private information. You also agree that any other User of this Site may access, view, store or reproduce your Content for such User's personal use or otherwise in connection with use of the Site and/or Services.
b. The Site and the Services also contain content owned by or licensed to Cisco ("Cisco Content"). Cisco owns and retains all rights in the Cisco Content and the Services, including all intellectual property rights. Cisco hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the Cisco Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use to view the Site and otherwise as necessary to use the Services. Except as set forth above, nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right under any trade secret, patent, trademark, copyright or other intellectual property right of Cisco or any third party. All licenses not expressly granted by Cisco are reserved.The Site and the Services also contain content owned by or licensed to Cisco ("Cisco Content"). Cisco owns and retains all rights in the Cisco Content and the Services, including all intellectual property rights. Cisco hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the Cisco Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use to view the Site and otherwise as necessary to use the Services. Except as set forth above, nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right under any trade secret, patent, trademark, copyright or other intellectual property right of Cisco or any third party. All licenses not expressly granted by Cisco are reserved.
7. Copyright. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way copyrighted material, trademarks, rights of publicity or other proprietary rights without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Cisco may deny access to the Site or the Services any User who is alleged to infringe another party’s copyright. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your copyright has been infringed, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: ( i ) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Services; (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. Cisco’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows: Copyright Agent, Cisco Systems, Inc., 170 West Tasman Drive, San Jose, CA 95134; Attn: Copyright Agent; and email: DMCAagent@cisco.com.
8. User Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users. Cisco reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users.
9. Privacy. Use of the Site and Services is also subject to our Privacy Statement, located at http://www.cisco.com/web/siteassets/legal/privacy.html which is incorporated into this Agreement by this reference. Additionally, you understand and agree that Cisco may contact you via e-mail or otherwise with information relevant to your use of the Site or Services. You also agree to have your name and/or email address listed in the header of certain communications you initiate through the Services.
10. Additional Disclaimers.
a. Third Party Content. The Site may contain links to other websites. Cisco is not responsible for any content, messages or information on such websites. Such websites are in no way investigated, monitored or checked by Cisco. Inclusion of any linked website on the Services does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by Cisco. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. Cisco takes no responsibility for third party advertisements which may be posted on the Site or through the Services, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by any advertisers.
b. Technical Errors. Cisco assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of any User communication. Cisco is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of the Services or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Users or to any person's computer related to or resulting from using the Site or the Services.
c. “AS IS.” TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER LAW, CISCO SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM USE OF THE SITE, THE SERVICES, FROM ANY USER CONTENT POSTED ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICES, OR FROM THE CONDUCT OF ANY USERS, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE. THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS-IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS, AND CISCO EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. CISCO DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR RETENTION OF ANY USER INFORMATION OR COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN USERS. CISCO CANNOT GUARANTEE AND DOES NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES. USE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
11. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Cisco, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by party arising out of or related to: ( i ) your use of the Services or the Site; (ii) your breach of this Agreement; or (iii) your Content.
12. Limitation on Liability. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL CISCO BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFIT DAMAGES, COSTS OF REPLACEMENT GOODS OR LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO DATA ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR SERVICES, EVEN IF CISCO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, CISCO’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE(S) WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS (USD $1,000.00). THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS CUMULATIVE AND NOT PER INCIDENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN KINDS OF DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
13. Disputes. If there is any dispute about or in any way involving the Site or the Services, you agree that the dispute shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, USA, without regard to conflict of law provisions and you agree to exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts of the United States located in the State of California, City of San Jose.
14. Costs and Fees. The Program is provided at no charge to User and User shall be solely responsible for any costs and expenses it incurs because of the Site or the Services. You acknowledge and agree that Cisco may later require Users to pay a fee to continue to use the Services or to use the Web Site.
The trademarks, logos and service marks ("Marks") displayed on the Site are the property of Cisco or other third parties. You acknowledge and agree that you have no rights, title, or interest in or to the Marks and that you will not adopt, use, or attempt to register the Marks or any confusingly similar mark. Users receive no license to and are not permitted to use these Marks. Please see the complete list of Cisco Trademarks at www.cisco.com/web/siteassets/legal/trademark.html.
16. General. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Cisco regarding the use of the Services and the Site. The failure of Cisco to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. The parties are independent contractors under this Agreement and no other relationship is intended, including a partnership, franchise, joint venture, agency, employer/employee, fiduciary, master/servant relationship, or other special relationship. Neither party shall act in a manner which expresses or implies a relationship other than that of independent contractor, nor bind the other party.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED ABOVE.
Back to top click here
POSTING GUIDELINES QUICK REFERENCE
Welcome to the CISCO LEARNING NETWORK. The site is open to anyone interested in Cisco technology and Cisco certifications. We encourage your participation and count on users doing so in a way that serves to support our entire community.
Please familiarize yourself with the following CISCO LEARNING NETWORK Posting Guidelines. Violating these guidelines may result in a request / warning to edit your post, a temporary or permanent ban from the CISCO LEARNING NETWORK, or a ban from the entire CISCO CERTIFICATION PROGRAM.
For full details on CISCO LEARNING NETWORK policies, please refer to the Acceptable Use Agreement. In the event of a conflict between these Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Agreement, the terms of the Acceptable Use Agreement shall control.
To view the Acceptable Use Agreement: clickhere
DO's & DON'Ts
ACCEPTABLE POSTING OPTIONS
Users must be 13+ to join and post to the CISCO LEARNING NETWORK
Individuals under the age of 13 are not permitted to become members of or post content on the CISCO LEARNING NETWORK.
To register for the CISCO LEARNING NETWORK and post content you must be 13 years of age or older and have a Cisco.com log-in account. Those under 18 should seek parental permission to use this site.
Posts by and accounts of individuals under 13 may be removed.
Do Not Post Exam Questions, Answers, or Scenarios
Users are expressly prohibited from disclosing any exam-related information including questions, answers, worksheets, computations, drawings, or diagrams. Posting of specific training content here violates copyrights and is forbidden. Help ensure the integrity, security and value of Cisco certifications.
Users may post information on networking challenges and how they solved them, as long as this material is not related to a Cisco Certification Exam.
Users may face PERMANENT ban from accessing CISCO LEARNING NETWORK and potentially from the entire CISCO CERTIFICATION PROGRAM.
Do Not Request Exam Questions, Answers, or Scenarios
Users may not ask whether a particular question will be on an exam, request an answer to a question they think might be on an exam or ask whether a particular scenario will be part of an exam.
Users may ask questions about preferred study approaches or preferred materials or inquire about general networking situations or equipment. Questions must not refer to any material on an exam.
Posts may be edited or removed. Users may face temporary or permanent ban from posting on the CISCO LEARNING NETWORK and from the entire CISCO CERTIFICATION PROGRAM.
Do Not Post Cisco Proprietary Information (Test IDs, Passwords, Test Scores)
Users may not post any of the following Cisco-related information on the Cisco Learning Network:
You may post your CISCO LEARNING NETWORK User ID.
Posts may be edited or removed. User may face a temporary or permanent ban from posting on the CISCO LEARNING NETWORK.
Do Not Advertise on this Site
Users may not use the Cisco Learning Network to advertise. They may not post content for the sole purpose of promoting their business or exam preparation materials or services. See also "Do Not Post Personal Contact Information".
From time to time, the Cisco Learning Network will feature materials from authorized Cisco Learning Partners that are of value to the community. Cisco-authorized Learning Partners and Cisco affiliates should contact their Cisco representative if they are unsure about the material they are posting.
Users may post content that contributes to the knowledge of the community, making reference to their experience and resources. Users may put their company name and website URL in their profile and may sign their content contributions (discussion forum posts, comments, or uploaded documents) with their name, company name and web address.
Post edited or removed. User may be issued a warning via email. Subsequent violations may result in a temporary ban from posting on the CISCO LEARNING NETWORK.
Do not post Personal Contact Information
Users should not post a home address, email address or phone number in a discussion forum, comment area or in their profile. If the user does post home or email addresses or telephone numbers, Cisco will not be held responsible for spam or other harassment that the user may encounter as a result.
Users must supply an email address when registering, however display of that email is automatically suppressed in the user's profile. To exchange email with another member, use the internal email feature. That protects the privacy of both parties. Users may add their company name and URL in their profile and may sign their content contributions (discussion forum posts, comments, or uploaded documents) with their name, company name and web address.
Post may be edited or removed. User may be reminded via email of the hazards of sharing personal contact information. Subsequent occurrences may result in a temporary ban from posting on the CISCO LEARNING NETWORK.
Do Not Duplicate or Repost CISCO LEARNING NETWORK Content on Other Sites
Users may not copy exact content or images from the CISCO LEARNING NETWORK without citing CISCO with a link to the original text on this site or, at minimum, indicating that CISCO LEARNING NETWORK was the source of the material. Treat this content as you would content from any other news outlet.
Users may summarize CISCO LEARNING NETWORK content (in their own words) on another site. User may quote material verbatim from CISCO LEARNING NETWORK with a citation attributing the material to CISCO LEARNING NETWORK (with a link or notation of the site). Include the original author's name where possible. Quoted material may not be longer than 50 words.
User may be asked to provide a link to original content rather than duplicating it or add a citation to CISCO LEARNING NETWORK. Users who duplicate CISCO LEARNING NETWORK content without attribution/ citation or a link may be contacted by the legal department at Cisco.
Post Relevant, Appropriate Images and Videos only
Posted material may also not infringe on the intellectual property rights of another. The user must be the photographer, subject, or other authorized agent of any image or video s/he publishes on the CISCO LEARNING NETWORK; or, the material must have already been published in the public domain. Visual material should relate to the site topics; materials may not contain nudity or inflammatory content.
Users may post appropriate images or links to videos; User must be the photographer or videographer, subject in the visual material or other authorized agent with rights to publish the visual material or it must have already been published in the public domain.
We may remove part or all of the user's post and send a strong email warning. Subsequent occurrences may result in a temporary ban from posting on the CISCO LEARNING NETWORK.
Use Professional Language & Tone in posts
Users may not post personal attacks, use profanities, negative racial or ethnic slurs or use hostile language or tone in the posts. Be professional and civil.
We ask that users be respectful of others in the community. It is acceptable to disagree with someone, respond to the content of their post, ask a question or request the source of someone's information. It is acceptable to disagree with an idea or an opinion and engage in a healthy debate. But respect others. We are all here to share information, knowledge and time. Keep the tone professional and civil.
Post may be removed. User may receive a warning or a temporary or permanent ban from the CISCO LEARNING NETWORK.
Exercise care in referring to or linking to Exam Study Materials from non-Cisco-authorized sources
If a post contains references or links to unauthorized sources that Cisco deems unreliable, the post may be edited or removed at the administrators' discretion. The user may receive a request by email to refrain from further referencing of this source. Users may also be directed to a list of current Cisco-authorized Learning Partners and affiliated organizations.
Users may refer or link to material used to prepare for exams, even if it comes from a source other than a Cisco-authorized provider. Cisco does recommend the use of services and materials from Cisco-authorized sources—Cisco Authorized Training Partners,Cisco Press, Pearson VUE—and materials on this site to ensure material is timely.
To ensure integrity, users may be asked to refrain from referencing particular non-authorized sources. Not complying may result in a temporary or permanent ban from the CISCO LEARNING NETWORK.
Post information on Jobs (offered or wanted) in designated Discussion Forum or Job Portal only
Do not post job search or openings across the site in different forums.
Posts may be moved, edited or removed. Users may receive a warning. Not complying may result in a temporary or permanent ban from the CISCO LEARNING NETWORK.