In the attached 33 pages will try to explain what is PKI and how to create PKI in Cisco IOS & ASA networks.
- Why we need certificates? PKI vs PSK
- What is PKI ?
- What is digital certificate (such as identity certificate) ?
- What are the components of Digital Certificate?
- What is (CA) Certificate Authority?
- CA Types
- How CA client ask CA server for issuing a certificate ?
- Notes about using PKI as Authentication method in IPsec VPN connection
- What is CRL certificate revocation list?
- How we get certificate (enrollment) ?
- Enrollment Protocols
- Consideration when implementing PKI environment
- Does Cisco IOS support ECDS?
- Steps to configure IOS Router as CA Server (will issue certificate)
- Steps to configure IOS Router CA Client (will get certificate)
- Lab 1 Configuring IOS Router as CA Server & enroll IOS CA Client Router
- Lab 2 IPsec crypto map Site to Site VPN using PKI
- Lab 3 IOS Router as CA (more advance settings)
- Lab 4 IOS CA & IOS RA
- Lab 5 Site to Site VPN ASA-ASA with PKI
- ASA enrollment methods
- ASA as CA Server ( aka Local CA)
- Adding and Enrolling Users