CCIE Security Lab Equipment and Software v4.0
This content is only accessible by Registered Users. If you have not yet registered, you will be prompted to Register, before proceeding to access this content.
The CCIE Security Lab Exam requires a depth of understanding difficult to obtain without hands-on experience. Early in your preparation you should arrange access to the equipment and the Cisco IOS Software versions indicated below.
Occasionally, you may see more recent software versions installed in the lab. Listed below are the base versions used. Only the features in these versions will be tested. We may use later software revisions in the lab to accommodate fixes etc, but we will not test features outside of those in the exam blueprints and checklist.
- Cisco 3800 Series Integrated Services Routers (ISR)
- Cisco 1800 Series Integrated Services Routers (ISR)
- Cisco 2900 Series Integrated Services Routers (ISR G2)
- Cisco Catalyst 3560-24TS Series Switches
- Cisco Catalyst 3750-X Series Switches
- Cisco ASA 5500 and 5500-X Series Adaptive Security Appliances
- Cisco IPS Series 4200 Intrusion Prevention System sensors
- Cisco S-series Web Security Appliance
- Cisco ISE 3300 Series Identity Services Engine
- Cisco WLC 2500 Series Wireless LAN Controller
- Cisco Aironet 1200 Series Wireless Access Point
- Cisco IP Phone 7900 Series*
- Cisco Secure Access Control System
Cisco ASA GUI tools may or may not be available, therefore candidates are expected to configure Cisco ASA appliances using CLI.
*Device Authentication only, provisioning of IP phones is NOT required.
- Cisco ISR Series running IOS Software Version 15.1(x)T and 15.2(x)T
- Cisco Catalyst 3560/3750 Series Switches running Cisco IOS Software Release 12.2SE/15.0(x)SE
- Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances OS Software Versions 8.2x, 8.4x, 8.6x
- Cisco IPS Software Release 7.x
- Cisco VPN Client Software for Windows, Release 5.x
- Cisco Secure ACS System software version 5.3x
- Cisco WLC 2500 Series software 7.2x
- Cisco Aironet 1200 series AP Cisco IOS Software Release 12.4J(x)
- Cisco WSA S-series software version 7.1x
- Cisco ISE 3300 series software version 1.1x
- Cisco NAC Posture Agent v4.X
- Cisco AnyConnect Client v3.0X