1. Where (websites, job fair) and How do you find potential candidates from the pool of talents? [Naina] – Fresh grad hiring is done on Univ / College Campuses
2. Do you hire college grads without any experiences? [Naina] – Yes, all undergraduates hired at Univ / College campuses at G4 are folks without work experience. What do you recommend if someone lacks job experiences? [Naina] – Candidate should have sound technical knowledge of OS Concepts, Algorithms, C Programming, Data Structures, Networking, Databases etc. Cisco certifcations is a plus for job openings in Services teams. Also, good communication skills are a must.
3. What would make a candidate stand out from the crowd? [Naina] – same as Q2.
4. Any tips on resumes/cover letter? [Naina] – Resume should not be more than 2 pages long. It should highlight the USPs of the candidate like educational qualification, Projects done. Experienced candidates should mention how they contributed to the success of the Project & Organization at large.
5. What’s the interview process like? [Naina] – Normally, fresh grads are hired on Univ / College Campuses during the Placement season i.e. from July – Jan. Cisco team visits the Univ / College Campus on a pre-decided date. A typical hiring day includes the following processes :
• Career Talk – 45 mins
• Written test for eligible candidates – 60 mins
• Students shortlisted after the written test go thru’ a verbal communication round specially if the hiring is for Technical Services team.
• Students shortlisted after this round go thru’ 2 rounds of technical interview & 1 round of HR interview
• Hiring day ends with a list of Offered candidates
• Overall this is a 1 day end-to-end activity
6. What type of questions are being asked in the interview (technical, soft-skills)? [Naina] – Technical interviews consist of technical questions and HR interview consists of soft skills evaluation.
7. What are the common mistakes made by the job interviewees? [Naina] – Lack of preparation for the interview, casual attitude towards job interviews, narrow minded thinking by being very specific about the job role being offered,
8. Do the jobs require any Cisco Certifications? [Naina] – Cisco certification is not mandatory, but having a certification is a plus for openings in Services teams.
9. Do you prefer candidate with a Cisco Certifications? [Naina] – same as answer to Q8.