Training and Preparation
There are various authorized Cisco IT networking training options available to help develop knowledge and skills, and prepare for the certification exam.
First, evaluate that align with your experience or career path
Then decide how you will train:
- Cisco Authorized Learning Partner: Only Cisco Authorized Learning Partners deliver the latest Cisco curriculum and authorized training suited to your particular needs.
- Self-Study Options: Cisco Press is the only authorized publisher for Cisco certification and network technology self-study resources.
- Pearson GSA Bookstore: Government employees can order online and receive GSA pricing and free ground shipping. There is no tax on orders.
- Pearson VUE: Register for all Cisco certification exams with our authorized test delivery partner.
- Join the Cisco Learning Network to access learning tools, training resources, and industry guidance that help prepare for Cisco Certifications.
In addition to validating your IT skills and networking training, Cisco Certifications are a must for certain IT positions.
- DoD Mandate: The DoD Directive 8570.01-M mandates all government personnel, civilians, and contractors with privileged access working on networks are required to receive industry IT certifications. CCNA Security has been approved for DoD Information Assurance Technician Levels I and II.
- ANSI: Cisco is the first networking vendor to offer a robust certification portfolio that meets the ANSI accreditation standard, which is the global benchmark for personnel certification, which signifies that the certification holder has attained a certification designed to the highest industry requirements, and that Cisco has met, and continues to meet, standards for quality improvement, underscoring the validity and integrity of its program as the industry standard of IT networking certifications. ANSI accreditation has been granted for the following Cisco certifications: Cisco ® (for Routing and Switching), Cisco ® (for Routing and Switching), , and .
- CNSS/NSA 4011: Cisco meets the CNSS training standard as outlined by the Information Systems Security (INFOSEC) Professional Recognition, the National Security Agency (NSA), and the Committee on National Security Systems.
- CNSS/NSA 4013: Cisco courses meet the CNSS training standard.
- By being 4011 and 4013 compliant, the Cisco Security certification program ensures that certified network security professionals assisting federal agencies and private sector entities understand what is required to protect information and aid in the defense of the nation's vital information resources.
Special Military Funding Programs and Resources
Servicemembers and their immediate family members may qualify for additional funding opportunities to gain an industry-recognized Cisco certification.
Cisco Sponsored Initiatives:
Veterans Administration / DoD:
Tuition Assistance Programs: