Cisco has just announced the Cisco CCNA Data Center certification major revision, which consists of Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking (DCICN) and Introducing Cisco Data Center Technologies (DCICT) exams. With this update, what has actually changed? The Cisco Learning Network team has provided a list of deltas that help outline what specific topics have come and gone.
What has changed?
The first change is the exam numbering for the DCICN and DCICT exams. The new exam numbers are as follows:
NEW EXAM NUMBER
Besides new exam numbers, there are some significant changes to the DCICN and DCICT exams, including addition and removal of content from each exam. This blog will help you navigate these changes, so read on.
What are the details?
200-150 DCICN vs 640-911 DCICN
Key Topics Removed:
- Product-specific elements, such as Nexus products, have been removed and replaced with an increased the focus on skills and technologies.
- Ethernet low-level functionality coverage has been removed and replaced with added operational roles of data center devices, such as use cases to deploy various types of physical devices.
- Cisco IOS router topics have been removed.
- Specifications of platform components, such as boot process procedures, passwords, and diagnostics, have been removed.
Key Topics Added or Changed:
- Increased breadth of data center networking concepts has been added, including First Hop Redundancy Protocols (FHRP); data center networking architectures, such as spine-and-leaf designs; unicast and multicast; and authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) concepts and filtering.
- Additional focus on high-availability switching concepts, port channel, virtual Port Channel (vPC), and control plane and data plane separation has been added.
- Increased data center storage concepts, including Fiber Channel operations and design and also IP storage protocols have been added. Additionally, storage topics have been moved from the DCICT into the DCICN exam.
- Basic understanding of Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) has been added.
200-155 DCICT vs 640-916 DCICT
Key Topics Removed or Moved
- Cisco data center fundamentals topics, including SAN, have been removed.
- Network design models have been removed.
- Storage Networking topics, including SAN, Fibre Channel, and IP Storage, have been moved and expanded into the 200-150 DCICN exam.
- Network Services topics, such as load balancers, Cisco Application Control Engine (ACE), and Cisco Wide Area Application Services (WAAS), have been removed.
Key Topics Added:
- Virtualization of compute and networks has been expanded.
- Overlay and underlay and control and data plane topics have been added.
- Basics of cloud computing has been added.
- Automation and orchestration of data center infrastructure, including Cisco UCS Director basic functions, has been added.
- Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) concepts, including the architecture of an ACI environment, the policy-driven application deployment model, and the ACI logical model, have been added.
- CCNA Data Center Overview
- CCNA Data Center Study Group
- Data Center Training Videos
- Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking (DCICN) Study Material
- Introducing Cisco Data Center NetworkiTechnologies (DCICT) Study Material
- CCNA Data Center Certification Exam Topic Updates
Disclaimer: This blog should not be considered as an official and perpetual "official statement". The information presented herein is intended only for informational purposes in order to help candidates understand the overall scope of the changes made at the time the blog was published. This information is subject to change based on changes made to the published exam topics. The published exam topics should be used as the official guidance for exam preparation. Please refer to the following page for up to date information: CCNA Data Center Overview