We are going to cap off 2015 with a series of "Top 10" blogs as we look back over this past year on the Cisco Learning Network. I'm going to write the first one and share with you the top 10 blogs on the site from this past year.
We take great care and pride in attempting to bring you relevant blogs from a variety of viewpoints throughout the year. It was a very cool exercise for me to go back and review the blogs that were posted and to see which ones got the most views. So without further audiue, here they are:
- #1 - CCNA: Age 13, CCNP: Age 14, CCIE: Age 19, BAM! - An inspiring story about a young man who studied for and passed exams at the Associate, Professional and Expert levels. The most popular blog for 2016.
- #2 - Let's Talk Money: Networking and Security Salaries - The title says it all, an examination of salary trends in the IT field.. an always popular topic on the site that comes in at number 2.
- #3 - Juicy Stats from Survey of 9,000 IT Pros About Most Urgently Needed Skills, Value of Certification, and Salary - Not surprisingly, the number 3 blog looks at more statistics around the job market and the IT skill sets that are in demand.
- #4 - Routing Showdown: Static Default Route To A Next-Hop IP Address vs. An Exit Interface - Cisco Learning Network VIP, Riikka, is up next with a meat and potatoes blog about routing concepts.
- #5 - A Day in the Lab: Knowing What to Expect for Your CCIE Exam - Candidates preparing for a CCIE lab exam will want to read this... heck anyone who is even considering a CCIE lab exam someday in the future, will get a lot out of reading this blog. The 5th most popular blog for 2015.
- #6 - Bandwidth vs Speed - Another VIP brings us a clear description and understanding of these two often confused concepts. Thanks for sharing this excellent blog, Chandan. It is number 6 for 2015.
- #7 - Under the Hood of MPLS VPNs – Part 1 by Sean Evershed - We experimented with guest bloggers for the Cisco Learning Network in 2015 and Sean brought us a great blog series on MPLS VPNs. He must have explained it quite well since it is the number 7 most popular blog for 2015.
- #8 - North American IPv4 Addresses Have Run Out - Ah yes, we knew it was coming... and Community Manager Karlo wrote a blog about it arriving... IPv4 addresses have been exhausted in North America.
- #9 - Dynamic Mother and Daughter CCIE Team - Another amazing story with an accompanying video interview of a mother, daughter CCIE duo. People liked their story so much that it propelled it to the number 9 spot.
- #10 - 15 Ways to Use the Cisco Learning Network to Get Yourself Cisco Certified in 2015, Part 1 - The number 10 blog goes to our very own Kay, who wrote numerous blogs about Cisco Learning Network Premium throughout the year. This blog was the most popular of the bunch.
Honorable mention blog: Understanding Cisco Auto Archive Feature to Backup Configuration File
This was written by VIP, Elvin in 2013.. and it still continues to be one of our most-viewed blogs.
In case you'd like a links to other blog channels on our site, I thought I'd provide our top channels so that you can review titles.
Blog Channels on the Cisco Learning Network:
- Learning News
- VIP Perspectives
- Certifications and Labs Delivery Blog
- Join Women in Networking
- Premium Updates
- Unleashing CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0
- Unleashing CCDE
- Certifications for Success
- Talking Tech with Cisco
Thanks for reading these blogs, we hope you find them valuable. And we always appreciate comments.