Cisco certifications are recognized and respected globally, and we want to help you communicate your credentials in an ever-expanding online marketplace. That is why the Certs and Labs team is excited about the recent launch of Cisco’s digital badges as the latest benefit offered to all active and Emeritus Associate, Professional, and Expert level certification holders. This is an important initiative in the digitization of our certification program and represents our commitment to providing you with the tools necessary to achieve your professional goals.
We have partnered with Acclaim, a badging platform from Pearson VUE, to provide you with:
- a web-enabled version of your credential that can be shared online
- labor market insights that connect your skills to jobs
- a trusted method for real-time credential verification
Your Cisco certifications will be represented with a digital image which contains verified metadata that describes your credential and the process required to earn it. The badge will also connect you to current job openings based on the skills identified on the badge.
Representing credentials as a badge gives you the ability to share your achievements online in a way that is simple, trusted and can be easily verified in real time. Badges provide employers and peers concrete evidence of what you did to earn your credential.
All active and Emeritus certification holders were notified on February 13 that they would be receiving their badges in the coming weeks. We also began issuing badges for new certifications earned starting February 14. We are pleased to see a positive reaction from our certification community so far! Below we’ve compiled answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about badging:
Q. Who is Acclaim?
- Acclaim is a product of Pearson VUE, Cisco’s partner in delivering certification exams. Acclaim works with credible organizations to provide digital credentials to individuals. The technology Acclaim uses is based on the Open Badge standards defined by Mozilla and enables you to manage, share and verify your active certifications digitally.
Q. Is there a digital badge for every certification?
- At this time all active and Emeritus Associate, Professional, and Expert certifications have a digital badge.
Q. Where and how can I share my credential?
- Every credential and profile on Acclaim has a unique URL that can be shared from the platform to LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter; via email, embedded in a website or on a resume. You can also add your badge to an email signature. Information on how to display and share your badge can be found here: http://support.youracclaim.com/
Q. What are labor market insights and how can I access them?
- Labor market insights contain information pulled from active job openings. Based on your skills, learn which employers are hiring, what job titles you might be qualified for, salary ranges for those jobs and more. To access this information, click on any of the skill tags of the badges you’ve earned.
Q. I should have been issued a badge, but never received a notification email. How can I get my badge?
- Contact Acclaim Badging Support and be sure to add email@example.com to your email’s safe sender list. Acclaim uses an email address as the unique identifier for badge earners, so you’ll want to be sure the email you use for your Cisco certification profile is the same one you use to set up your Acclaim account.
Q. What if I don’t want my credential to be public?
- All information regarding you and your credentials can be easily configured in your Acclaim account. You’re in complete control of the information about yourself that’s made public.
Q. What’s to keep someone else from copying my badge and using it?
- While badges are simply digital image files, they are uniquely linked to data hosted on the Acclaim platform. This link to verified data makes them more reliable and secure than a traditional paper-based credential. It also eliminates the possibility of anyone claiming your credential and your associated identity.
Q. I have additional questions. Where can I find support?
- You can find answers to many frequently-asked questions here: http://support.youracclaim.com/
We encourage you to claim and share your badge and hope you enjoy the convenience and professional recognition it offers.
What’s your favorite thing about your digital badge? Tell us in the comments below!